Available Employment Opportunities at Hello! Home Care
Caregivers: Full-Time, Part-Time
City: Pasadena, California
Are you a caregiver that loves working with seniors? Providing the best care possible to our clients is our number one priority so we ask that only truly caring individuals with an affinity for helping improve the lives of the elderly apply.
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs): These are the essential functions that start and end the day. They can include bathing, oral care, and hair care along with toileting and dressing/undressing.
- Provide medication reminder and queues
- Light meal assistance and preparation: This can include assistance with healthy meal planning, grocery shopping, and preparation of meals as well as provide clean up after meals.
- Light housekeeping: Also known as “tidying up." Examples include laundry, making the bed, cleaning out the refrigerator, and putting away groceries.
- Ambulation and transferring assistance: This can include walks outside for exercise and fresh air.
- Household organization/Errands: This can include accompanying the client on doctor visits, to the bank, post office, hair or nail salon, or to the library or local senior center to visit with friends.
- Companionship: Help the client keep in touch with family and friends via phone, email, or even video chat. Caregivers can engage in conversation, read aloud from a newspaper or books, or enjoy a classic or newly released movie with client. We can also suggest new activities which may bring the client enjoyment. And sometimes just being there helps and provides a sense of security.
Do you have at least 6 months of caregiving experience with excellent references? A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certificate will be accepted in lieu of experience but excellent references will still be required.
All caregivers must:
- Basic physical abilities, such as bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching to assist clients as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with both client and management. Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Pass a drug test and background check.
- Possess a valid CA driver's license and proof of liability insurance.
- PPD within 2 years.
- Pass a basic medical skills and knowledge test.
Why Work For Us?
- Competitive pay
- Employee referral bonuses as well as other incentives for jobs well done
- Respect – Management is dedicated to respecting all of our employees
To apply for employment, please click here.